If you don’t know what to look for when shopping factory refurbished, have no fear! We’re here to help you make informed decisions around buying products in this condition, so you can save a good chunk of cash while saving the planet, too.
What does Factory Refurbished mean? Factory refurbished items look and feel new, but are less expensive for savvy shoppers. On BLINQ, we also test them in our warehouse to ensure 100% accurate functionality.
What is Seller Refurbished? Seller refurbished items aren’t brand new and can be damaged during manufacturing or shipping. However, these items are repaired by the seller and sold in good working condition.
What is the difference between Renewed and Refurbished? As we said, refurbished products are repaired to a functioning, like-new condition. Renewed products from retailers like Amazon will look like new, and show minimal to no signs of wear and tear.
Now that you have a better understanding of this condition, we have 5 easy tips to follow when shopping refurbished.
Compare features and specs
- Whether you’re buying refurbished Samsung tablets or a refurbished TV, it’s important to compare the item’s description with that from the manufacturer. This will help guarantee that your desired items perform all of the necessary functions and capabilities as brand new versions.
View product photos
- You likely won’t invest in something sight unseen. The same applies to shopping for items in this condition! Choose a listing with multiple photos from different angles, and zoom in on any accessories to ensure they’re accurate. Take a look at this Sony refurbished wireless controller as an example.
Read condition definitions
- This condition can sometimes mean different things within the industry. Read how each online retailer restores and tests items, such as in a state-of-the-art factory refurbished warehouse or using spare parts in their home. You want to make sure that items like an HP factory refurbished laptop or a Macbook refurbished are worth the savings.
Check model numbers
- Every refurbished item — be it a refurbished Xbox One or a pair of used AirPods — should be listed with the proper model number. All you need to do is a quick online search of the model number to double check that it matches with the desired item. That way you know you’ll receive the correct package in the mail!
Trust your source
- Use caution when purchasing individual seller refurbished items. There’s no guarantee that items are fully functional. In these cases, feel free to reach out with questions before adding to cart, or read through other customer reviews.
Questions? Comments? You can always find out more by emailing our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you!