Not to get cheesy on you, but my new house is one of my favorite places in the world. After a long day, nothing feels better than kicking off my shoes and resting in my comfy home.
It didn’t always feel that way though. When I first moved in I was overwhelmed. How would I liven up the blank walls? What would I do with such large unfurnished spaces? Thankfully with some creativity and a knack for finding great deals on furniture and decor, I’ve made my home a peaceful and beautiful place with minimal damage to my wallet.
Like Stacey Risenmay, creator of Not Just a Housewife, I believe that even those of us on a tight budget (I’m in that boat too) can create a home we love.
“If you wait until you have enough money to decorate and make your home your own it will never happen. If you wait until you can afford to buy everything new you are missing the point. It is the old, the new, the made, the hand-me-down, the collected, the worn (but loved) things in your home that make your home.” – Stacey Risenmay
Getting started is always the most difficult part of any DIY home project, but a few inspirational quotes could just be the thing you need for a jumpstart.
Here are my 17 best quotes about home to inspire you to create one you love.
1. “Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love brought together under one roof.” – Nate Berkus
2. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” – William Morris
3. “Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan (tweet this)
4. “Building your own home is about desire, fantasy. But it’s achievable; anyone can do it.” – Kevin McCloud (tweet this)
5. “No money is better spent than what is laid out for domestic satisfaction.” – Samuel Johnson (tweet this)
6. “Home interprets heaven. Home is heaven for beginners.” – Charles H. Parkhurst (tweet this)
7. “We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us.” – Winston Churchill (tweet this)
8. “A house that does not have one warm, comfy chair in it is soulless.” – May Sarton (tweet this)
9. “A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience.” – Sydney Smith
10. “The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home. – President Harold B. Lee
11. “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” – Jane Austen (tweet this)
12. “Be he a king or a peasant, he is happiest who finds peace at home.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (tweet this)
13. “Home is where one starts from.” -T. S. Eliot (tweet this)
14. “People usually are the happiest at home.” – William Shakespeare (tweet this)
15. “Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, a dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest” – Robert Montgomery (tweet this)
16. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson (tweet this)
17. “Home is where your story begins.” – Unknown (tweet this)
Now that you’ve read these quotes about home, are you ready to get started in creating your domestic bliss? If you need more inspiration, check out our house and home section to find tips on DIY home projects like creating your own inexpensive and stylish gallery wall and much more!