If you’re wondering what is the most expensive part of a kitchen remodel, the answer is, all of it! From labor to appliances, the costs can add up quickly. But if you’re looking to spruce up your kitchen on a budget, we’ve put together the ultimate kitchen checklist (along with some fun cooking quotes), for turning your kitchen into a gourmet command center without lifting a hammer.
1. Mini food processor – The smaller version of this appliance will save you money, plus cabinet and counter space while still getting the job done. Chop chop!
2. Medium saucepan – This is a low-budget, must-have for any home chef. And as Julia Child said, “Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need.”
3. Kitchenaid stand mixer – This mixer can come with a big price tag, but it’s versatility and variety of attachments (like this sifter and scale attachment on BLINQ) make it a staple in any baker’s kitchen.
4. Microwave cart – An easy hack to get more counter space without renovating is to move your microwave onto its own standing cart. These can vary in style, price and size, so you can customize to fit your needs.
5. Black and Decker toaster oven – “No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” — Julia Child. And there’s no better instrument to learn the basics with than a discounted toaster oven that can bake, broil and toast just about anything.
6. Kitchen mats – A small and effective upgrade to your kitchen is a fun mat. It not only helps your feet and back when you’re cooking or washing dishes, but it adds a pop of color, too!
7. Kitchen wall decor – A kitchen, like any room in your home, isn’t complete without some decor. From artwork to clocks or even additional storage caddies, finding the perfect piece in the clearance section can make all the difference.
Want more inspiration? Check out BLINQ’s Kitchen & Dining selection for some of the best cooking utensils and cooks essentials.